Saturday, May 29, 2010
Bhindi ki Sabji
250gms Bhindi (lady's finger)cut in diagonally or round
1 big tomato sliced thin
1 Onion sliced thin
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 green chilly finely chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp dhaniya powder
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp dry mango powder
4-5 tsp oil
salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnishing
* Heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
* When cumin seeds crackle, add ginger-garlic, green chilly, onions and fry till onions turn light brown.
* Add bhindi, turmeric, salt and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on low flame stirring in between intervals and also cover it.
* Then add tomatoes, dhaniya, red chilly, garam masala, dry mango powder and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
* Garnish with coriander leaves.
* Serve hot with roti or parantha.